When to decide if you need to lose weight?

I went to my doctor this month and my weight had increased quite a bit in the last two months. I had been careless in my diet, eating at the wrong time, eating extra portions and also indulging in those not very healthy foods. Overtime it was bound to show. So my doctor told me to watch out and gave me some friendly tips. I was not alarmed; I mean what are a few pounds here and there. I was okay; my BMI was more than 25 so maybe I needed to change. Then there was the effort I had to make while walking up the steps. The jeans did not fit and also there is that cute fat that had settled around my waist. So maybe it is time for me to lose weight.

Whom to consult?

Looking up options to lose weight is the easiest thing to do. It is the next step that is hard to follow. With major percentage of our population falling in the obese category steadily, we need to take action when we need to lose weight. Our doctors are the best people to consult if we are considering losing weight. They would check our BMI the body mass Index, then our cholesterol, our weight history and family history, our life style and our health profile. After taking into consideration all these factors, the doctor will advise you if you need to lose weight.

What are the effects of not losing weight?

If you tend to ignore your weight problems, then there are several hurdles that will affect your daily life. Studies have shown that over weight person has difficulty in conceiving, they also end up having poor self esteem which later leads to depression. Sometimes people start to hoard food as sign of emotional anxiety which affects their body weight pushing them further into the deep end. Having a good self image helps the person feel emotionally and physically healthy. It is important to lose weight to maintain a healthy body and a healthy mind.

What should you do to lose weight?

Having got a clean chit from my doctor the first thing I did was prepare a schedule of the exercises I would do on a daily basis. My doctor advised that an early morning walk or jogging was a very good way to lose weight. Then of course, was the gym to join for a daily work out. I had to make time for both the activities. Then of course came the food. Having a big breakfast was a must but I had to cut down on those in between meal snacks, club sodas and sweets. A smaller meal at dinner time was the worst. The first three days I felt hungry but I drank water instead. From the fourth day onwards I stopped feeling hungry. Now my meals are full of proteins, vitamins and minerals, I search the internet for interesting recipes and trust me there are thousands out there.

When to stop losing weight?

I went back to my doctor who was amazed at the way I had steadily lost weight. He was relieved I did not fall for that ‘lose your weight in 5 days flat programs’. Those are temporary solutions. We need to lose weight the way we gained it, slowly and steadily. Now my BMI is okay and so is my cholesterol. I feel healthier than ever and I can now take two steps at a time without breaking a sweat. I love my body more.

No comments :

Post a Comment